Rid Your Mind Of the Wrong Stuff
September 18, 2016
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things (Philippians 4:8)
The mind is a vital part of the human make-up. It’s our storehouse of information, and it matters the kind of information you keep in it, for that can accelerate or retard your progress. Philippians 4:8 gives us a guide on how to control our minds and use it to process only the right information. Don’t waste your mind on carnal, unproductive thoughts, for the carnal mind is enmity against God (Romans 8:7).
The information you store in your mind tells alot about you. Just as a man who loves to study would have a library of books, or a music lover a collection of music or a florist a garden of lovely flowers, what you “collect” in your mind reflects what you’re most concerned about. This is why you’ve got to organise your mind and separate the wheat from the chaff.
Some things we store in our minds are just not worth keeping the bad news you heard on TV or read in the papers, the nasty words someone spoke to you in the rush hour traffic, or the gossip floating about in your office. Don’t retain these in your mind! Learn not to swallow every word you hear. Instead, throw out the trash. The same way you take out time to clean your house in order to get rid of dirt, you must also regularly clean out your mind with the Word and rid it of the wrong stuff.
The Lord Jesus said in John 15:3, “Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.” Paul also lets us know that the Lord sanctifies and cleanses His Church with the washing of water by the Word” (Ephesians 5:26). Study more of God’s Word! It will cleanse your mind of all the wrong thoughts of fear, failure, defeat, and lack, and fill you with God’s thoughts of success, abundance, prosperity and victory
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)