New Believers Class – 1A & 1B
NEW BELIEVERS’ CLASS 1A
1. The New Creation
“Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a NEW CREATION, old things are passed away and all things are become new” 2 Corinthians 5:17
New creation never existed
Life direct from God
Created for good works Eph. 2:10
Outward appearance not a relevant issue Gal. 6:15
Has the nature and righteousness of God 2Cor 5:21
2. Born of God
– Believe and confess Rom 10:9-10
– Confession of the word (seed) brings the new birth
As Jesus is a son so are you
3. Salvation By Grace – Ephesians 2:2 –10 -“For by grace you were saved through faith and not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast”. Ephesians 2:8-9
Penalty of sin destroyed
Power of sin destroyed
Acquitted before God
Grace at work in us
4. Man Is A Spirit. He Has A Soul & Lives In A Body. 1 Thessalonians 5:23, Hebrews 4:12
-(a) The Spirit Man Got Saved
(I Corinthians 5:17)
The body remains the same.
God is a Spirit.
“But he who is joined to the Lord is one Spirit with Him”(1 Corinthians 6:17).
– The spirit man, is the one that’s alive with God. That’s the one who got saved.
(b). He Lives In The Word Of God
The Christian cannot live on bread alone (Matthew 4:4).
New birth makes us new spiritual babes
Christian should be desirous of God’s WORD to grow and be nourished by it. 1 Peter 2:2, Hebrews 5:14.
The word creates an increased appetite
This enhances spiritual development
(c) The Fruits Of The Recreated Spirit – Galatians 5:22 – 23
The spirit (man’s spirit) produces character traits of Christ’s nature.
More of Christ, more of the fruits
He is the vine, we are the branches, fruit bearing parts
The gifts of the Holy Spirit are with the Holy Spirit
(5) Renewal Of The Mind – Romans 12:1-3, Ephesians 4:22-24.
New spirit needs a new mind
Our thoughts have to be consistent with the word of God
The mind seats the will, emotions and intellect
Information in the mind directs the man
God’s information into our minds brings transformation
(a) Sanctifying The Thoughts –
James 1:13 –15, Philippians 4:8.
Sanctification = separation
A man is what he thinks
Thoughts based on God’s word produce excellent things
(b) Our mind is Renewed By The Living Word Of God –
James 1:13-15, II Corinthians 3:18
Our mind is renewed by the word of God.
The word of God is the glory of God.
Behold the word, renew your mind and transform your thoughts
The word of God is the mirror with which we see ourselves.
(6) Bringing The Body Under Subjection – John 4:24, I Corinthians 9:24-27, Colossians 3:5, Romans 6:13-15
It is our responsibility to keep the body under the rulership of our spirit.
The body wants to do what it feels like doing
Many times the feelings in the body may be contrary to the word of God.
We put our body under our spirit so we do not get disqualified after preaching to others.
NEW BELIEVERS CLASS 1B
(1) Born into the family of God –
Eph 3: 15, Col 1:13
You are born into the family of God.
The family of God includes all who believed in Him, in the part, and all who will in the future.
God is the father of every believer,
That makes all other Christians, brethren (brothers and sisters)
As children of God we live in the kingdom of God’s son
(2) The New Creation Of God –
John 1:11-14, Ephesians 4:6, I John 5:9-13.
The new creation is born of God, through faith in Christ Jesus.
Not only do we have God as our father, He is above all, through all, and in us as well.
Being born of God you have His life, eternal life.
Our certainty is based on God’s promise that He has given us eternal life through His son.
Determine to know God as your father and enjoy his cares for you
(3) Assurance Of Salvation
Romans 10:9-10, I John 5:9-10.
(a) Our Confession based on the word
– The devil likes to deceive God’s children by making us feel we are not saved
– Our assurance of salvation is not through our feelings.
– Salvation is as close as a man’s heart and his mouth,
– God’s witness is the better witness
– God Himself witnesses that our salvation is assured by the belief in our hearts and the confessions that our mouth made.
(b) The Witness Of The Holy Spirit
Romans 8:16 The Spirit Himself beareth witness with our spirit that we are the sons of God”.
Not what we feel but what the Holy Spirit says
An inward witness of who we are in God
God’s testimony of us is what is important
(4) Dominion In Life
(a) Over The World – 1 John 5:4, 1 John 4:4
(b) Over Life’s Circumstances Romans 5:17
– We can reign over sin’s power, over death’s threats, and over Satan’s attacks.
Eternal life is ours now.
We have dominion over all of life’s circumstances the greater one lives in us.
(c) Over Sin and its effects – Romans 6:14
Sin cannot lord over the sons of God.
Sin has lost it’s dominion over us.
We no longer are subject to sin,
Because God has given us power over it.
(5) Handling Mistake 1 John 1:9-10, 1 John2:1-3
If we confess our sins, God forgives us.
He is not counting our mistakes against us.
God sees us as righteous children,
Always He sees His son Jesus Christ in us.
God sees us through His Son
If we make a mistake, all we have to do is to confess to Him and He forgive us.
Jesus Christ is our advocate.
He has already suffered your penalty in your place.
(6) Remission For The Unregenerate – Acts 2:38, Matthew 26:28, Ephesians 1:17
Jesus Christ died for all
A sinner does not receive forgiveness of sins.
What he gets is the remission of sin
Remission is the washing away of sins in such a way that the sin never existed before.
If any man be in Christ he is a new creature. Old things are passed away
Forgiveness belongs only to those that are in a relationship with God.
(7) Forgiveness For The Christian – 1 John 1:9-10, 1 John 2:1-3
I John 1:9-10 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness”.
Remission belongs to the unbeliever
Forgiveness belongs to the Christian.
(8) God’s Reason For Salvation- Genesis 12:1-2, Matthew 28:18-20, Marks 16:15-20, Acts1:8
(a)God wants to bless you and make you great.
God wants to bless His children,
He wants to make them great.
His divinity at work in us can only produce great achievements.
He is our father.
The earth is His and the fullness thereof
All that belong to Him are ours,
He wants to bless us with them.
(b) God Wants Us To Preach The Gospel To The World Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-20
One reason God saved us is so we can be His outstretched hand to the world.
He want us to show His light
Make them disciples of His kingdom.
To prolong the days of His son, Jesus, here on earth.
He has a personality, just as every human being has a personality,
© 2016 CHRIST EMBASSY NUNGUA – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
July 01, 2016
July 01, 2016